Friday, August 03, 2007

An Observation

I don't know whether it's just me being sensitive, but I have been in a number of shops lately and happily being served when other customers have interrupted with an expectation of being served. What I find interesting is that the sales person has actually attended to them, sometimes leaving me standing waiting. One actually commented later how rude the person was, but attended them all the same. Another came in looking for work and to offer her resume, interesting, she couldn't even wait until my purchases were completed. Great impression! on me, certainly not. But then maybe I'm just old fashioned and expect service.

1 comment:

EuroMadrid said...

No Barb, you're not being overly sensitive. I've had the same experiences in Argentina and in Spain. This is definitely a cultural thing. Anglo culture is way more concerned with order and common courtesy in everyday situations than Hispanic culture.