Tuesday, January 03, 2012

 Tim Horton's:
A name every Canadian seems to know, a true Canadian icon. I am tempted to compare it to other well known chains, but that might make me very unpopular with the locals. I am used to Melbourne's great coffee shops tucked away in lane ways and main streets and all individual, and the big chains aren't really my thing.
But here, Tim Horton's is revered.

Started in 1964 by a famous hockey player by the same name as a way of supplementing his income, the coffee and donut (it kills me to spell it like that, it's doughnut) business has turned into one of the most recognised and well loved Canadian franchises, and the Tim Horton's signature is a prominent feature on the Canadian landscape
 The menu is similar to many of the well known food and coffee chains, with the addition of lots of doughnuts and cakes etc, but everyone seems to stop for a Tim Horton's and you see them everywhere.

No comments: