Sunday, January 04, 2015

Winter Begins?

 Or so all the forecasts say. It started snowing yesterday morning, then as the day warmed, all turned to rain. Today the snow has been a little heavier and more constant, but the temperature is still hovering around the 0C mark. All the forecasts predict this is just the start of what is going to be a bitterly freezing week, with extremely low temperatures.
 As you can see the beach no longer looks so inviting, the water no longer calm and the waves are crashing to shore, but thank goodness there is still not much wind - that could be the killer
 George loves it, he gets all frisky and loves his walks, they may decrease in length if the cold comes as predicted, the part of me that really feels it is my fingers - I lost me best gloves, but I don't think even they would help. I actually have been wearing my snow boots and even using the leg brace, as it is the ice under the snow that is the challenge, although the snowploughs are out and about all the time.


No comments: