Saturday, November 26, 2005

Finally Found a Use For ........???

I finally found a use for the ever present Bidet. So far there has been one in just abou every bathroom I have visited since I have been here in Argentina, and as a not very well educated Aussie (in bidet terms anyway) I have never really been game to use one for the purpose it is intended. I do know the general idea, but - well I am sure you understand. And I haven´t found anyone else who admits to using/trying one either. Can´t put the toilet paper in the loo, but there is almost always a bidet.
Anyway enough of that - had some hand washing to do, and there just isn´t a sink big enough in the B&B - so what else would you use? Found a plug to the small handbasin - very small, in fact only large enough for very small smalls or small hands; discovered it fitted the bidet and there you go - handwashing done in next to no time. I did have to kneel on the floor, but other than that slight discomfort all worked very well. Warm water flowed, had to adjust the taps so the fountain didn´t work and all was washed and rinsed with ease. The washing is now hanging around the room hopefully drying to squash into the case to head further south next week.

1 comment:

chaintree said...

Hooray! At least us Aussies can now put those strange bidets to good use!