Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Year Gone

My New Zealand "home away from home"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After more than a year of house sitting, yes a year, hard to believe, but it was election day last year that I arrived in Sydney to begin and a week ago on Sunday that I arrived back from Sydney. In that year I spent almost 7 1/2 months in Sydney, 2 months in Melbourne and a month in Nelson New Zealand - all house sitting and it seems to be becoming clear that that is the direction my life is taking. Not that I mind I have throughly enjoyed it, with only a few minor inconveniences - Tiger the cat bowled by a car the night before Lynne & Chris arrived home (at 16 he is still going strong), the large tree branch that came down across the backyard, the fence and the neighbouring drive two days before I was due to leave. The fun thing about that one was that it was a block of 7 units and all the cars were parked on the wrong side of the mess and at 7.00am no-one was impressed. And the minor inconvenience of the BMW in Nelson having a computer glitch that took out the central locking and the electric windows, but thank goodness the air con still functioned so we could breathe.

I had lots of visitors during my house sits, Brian,Lothar and Cas in Sydney, Lynne and Chris in Melbourne and my sister Pam in New Zealand and met lots of new friends and found Spanish classes all along the way.

My poor Gypsy wagon has been a little neglected during that time, other than brief journeys to Sydney and Bendigo, where it is now safely tucked up for the next couple of months with Cas. Thoughts are circulating and I am seriously considering letting her move on to her next adventure with a new owner. We have had a great time together, but I think it is time for both to move on. More on that one later.

No comments: