Wednesday, July 04, 2012


 Cairns, Far North Queensland

Next house sit, and quite a change from the bustling Mexico City. After freezing in Melbourne for a week or so, I headed here last Thursday for another month of house sitting. The weather is certainly better than Melbourne, but the breeze is pretty fresh and I am under dressed. Don't know about the swimming and snorkeling either!!!
The house is an old Queenslander with lots of lovely air flow and lots of outdoor space, including a pool, although the pool is shaded by lots of trees, so ..........thinking cold.
The permanent residents and my reason for being here are Manni, the beautiful curly headed retriever, with big brown sorrowful eyes. A bit naughty sometimes as he is prone to escaping, but he comes back. And Kedi, the black cat, who so far  hasn't sat still for a photo. Also in residence a present, besides me that is, are Lynn, the neighbour from my house sit in Canada, in Oz for the first time and a little overwhelmed at present, but it is a looooong trip, and my sister Pam is here for the first 2 weeks. We have been busy planning and booking.

More to follow.

No comments: