Sunday, June 10, 2012

 What You See When You Are Walking:

One of the main purposes of yesterday's outing was to visit the city's Monumento A La Independencia, the "Angel", which forms a roundabout in the middle of the multi-laned Paseo de La Reforma. As usual, still not accustomed to traffic direction, I was nearly eliminated by multiple lanes of traffic belting around the roundabout. Took me a while to work out the flow before I managed to get back from the middle again!
After that little adventure I stopped  for a drink break only to see hundreds of naked and near naked cyclists riding along the Paseo. I guess they were protesting something, some were painted with slogans, but they weren't that easy to read!. Most of the men were totally "starkers" and the women mainly topless.  It was a hot day, I only hope they didn't get too sunburnt!!


No comments: