Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dogs in Downtown Yaletown

Lisa mentioned on our meeting and intro dog walk that you see more dogs than kids in Yaletown and after a week I believe her. Since I have been walking Brubin around the neighbourhood this past week I have seen very few children but lots and lots of dogs.
The interesting thing is that very few dog walkers make any sort of eye contact - everyone just walks along with their head down - no smile, no hi, no nothing, not at all like our social event of walking a dog. I see lots of the same people and dogs as they need regular breaks from apartments - thank goodness for a back yard and an open door, and I quite enjoy walking around the neighbourhood checking it all out, but I guess when you are out 3 or 4 times a day on the same block you loose a little enthusiasm. On the early morning walk I often see people in their pyjamas with a hat and coat and the last walk of the evening produces some interesting looks also - me included. I must admit I really don't feel like doing the block at 10.pm, having to coat and boot up and carry the umbrella, but off we go every night.These are my 2 charges, Aran the cat and Brubin the long haired Schnauzer.



But I really do miss this boy, my lovely Mac, who loves nothing better than an off lead walk or a romp on the beach.

No comments: