Saturday, January 11, 2014

Vancouver Apartments

I don't know if it is the case for all of Vancouver, but in Yaletown a very clever strategy was employed when building the apartment blocks. All the land was originally an old part of town and apparently was purchased by a a Chinese gentleman, who then set about developing. I am sure there is a long story there,  but they have been very clever with the high rise development and virtually every high rise apartment gets some sort of views. The apartments may be small but the views spectacular.
This is my tower block with it's accompanying condos.


With each apartment block the lower area and along the street level, condominiums of several stories are built to accompany each tower. This means that there are a number of low level buildings and between each tower, so that the towers are separated and  none overshadow a neighbour, thus allowing all in the tower blocks to have a view. The condos on street level are much more expensive, and have no view, but they have a lot more room. This apartment may be the penthouse level, but there are 5 apartments on this level and it certainly is "petite",  but I could sit and look out the window s all day. Problem you really have to keep the blinds closed to keep the heat in and the cold out. Sort of defeats the purpose for me.
The great thing about it is the proximity to everything, I can virtually walk everywhere, and it is flat all the way, and if I can't walk there, the public transport is fantastic.
If it ever stops raining I shall have a ball,  but I am anyway.


This is the neighbouring apartment block with mine behind, the two take a whole street block between them.

No comments: