Monday, January 06, 2014

Food

A very important subject on this trip. My "eating" choices are pretty limited, so it wasn't just a case of picking up a quick sandwich or piza along the way, so we have been eating mainly at our hotels, and that "ain't cheap". Lynn managed to sneak off for some cheaper options, but I am afraid I cost her a fortune.
On the whole the food was great, if expensive. There were a few disasters and then there was the $26 hamburger at the Jasper Lodge. Lynn wasn't feeling well and when I went on the Maligne canyon walk that night she decided on room service. The cost for delivery to the room was to be $5, so she decided to walk over and pick up. A very basic hamburger and fries - $26, she was not impressed.
I will write a post on our train saga, but the food was good, one of the best things about it. More on all that later.

No comments: