Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Beige With a Touch of Red

 As I traveled to the apartment on Sunday, my first thoughts about Chicago were boring beige. The trees are naked, some still holding on to the last of the dead leaves, the grass and plants are brown and dormant and the buildings are mostly boring beige and shades there or. There is very little colour to break the monotony of it all - just the odd red brick home or tile roof. After a trip though the suburbs today on the buses my opinion was confirmed - boring beige. Not even a brightly painted front door to be seen. The only thing to break the monotony is the odd house with lots of Christmas decorations in the front yard

 A few of the apartments here have lights etc on the balconies, so I decided to join them. Don't have a balcony, but I have put them up in the window - just a little Christmas spirit or should I say HOLIDAY SPIRIT. I haven't heard anyone mention Christmas, not politically correct, it's always HAPPY HOLIDAYS, even the decoration section in the shops is called the holiday area. How sad!
Maybe  will see more colour and holiday spirit when I head for the big smoke - maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Outback tourer said...

I'm relieved! I thought we had the most boring suburbs. Nice to see we have some solid competition in the "beige" department.