Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The "L" or is it the"EL"

 It depends on where you go to find out, but whichever it is it refers to the trains that traverse the city, both under and over the ground. I thought they were great before, but after watching the film Divergent I just love watching them as they rumble above the city. The film gives some great views of the city, as do a number of other movies - I must watch Blues Brothers again!

 The traffic and people move happily underneath and go about the day and the tracks crisscross the city and suburbs allowing the traveler to gaze into apartment windows, rooftops and backyards.
 The only thing I don't like is the steep steps leading up to the very narrow platforms - I don't think I would like to use  them in rush hour as the are extremely narrow.

Several lines pass underground in the city loop. but are soaring above the ground for most of their journey.

I think I like the "EL"

No comments: