Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chicago Transport

I thought I had it all sorted, until yesterday that is, but I am tired and some days things are harder than others.
Both the train an bus links are nice and close, but I always seem to end up walking any way.
The train is pretty straight forward and easy enough to work out, what worries me there is the width of the platforms, they are incredibly narrow, I would hate to see them in rush hour, one wrong step and you are over the edge.


But the bus routes, now that is a whole different ball game. Nowhere can I find  a list or more to the point a map of the routes. There are lots o Apps available, but they all give you the arrival time of the next bus and not much else. Yesterday I caught 3 buses with the same number, the one I wanted, and still didn't get to where I wanted to go. The good thing about it all is that it is not too expensive, with a trip at 2.00 and transfers 25 cents, so all these mess ups don't cost much, but it's usually when I am carrying a heavy load and feeling tired and frustrated.
Worst of all, today I left my gloves on the train - bugger, they were my possum ones and all.

No comments: