Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Chicago

 After a very long and rather sleepless journey I arrived here early afternoon on Sunday, a little disorientated and out of it all. Yesterday was spent getting my bearings and finding out all the ins and outs of the pets 1 dog, George and 2 cats, Tony and Sophie, and the apartment
Everywhere around are enormous apartment blocks, there is a University just down the road, but the upside is just a few steps away is the "beach" on the shores of Lake Michigan and a long walking track that follows the lake shore.Great place to take George, although he is 13 so not up for extra long walks, but then neither am I yet, still a little jet lagged I think. Today the lake was beautiful with hardly a breath of wind to stir up the waves, but the heavy black clouds look ominous and according to the forecasts the temperature is about to drop from a positively balmy 8 - 10 degrees to a much colder -1 with some rain and snow to follow, we shall see how I go!

The apartment is petite to say the least and half the walls are the dark raw brick, the others are painted in quite dark colours, so it makes for quite a dark environment. I immediately opened blinds etc, as I don't enjoy living in a cave and like to see something of the world, but it is warm and comfortable so all will be well.
More pictures of pets and "home" to follow, but it took me hours to get my BLOG back - it had been hijacked by an add for an extinct widget, so lots of Google searching and I finally have it back. Then I had to learn to use it all over again, as the uploading of photos etc had changed, but finally on the way.

No comments: