Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Espy, Portobello

With a name like The Espy, and being a Melbourne girl of a certain generation, I had to go visit this pub. Situated on the Promenade, like it's counterpartt in St Kilda on the Esplanade, the Esplanade Hotel certainly has an "Aussie" touch. The publican, I believe, is a Melbournian, and I don't know if the hotel has always been the Esplanade, but it is now. is welcoming and has a great menu, with a few Aussie

I little closer to the beach than our Espy, but itprobably is in a better state. The last I heard I think our Espy was in danger of being demolished for the inevitable progress.

The food is good, the staff friendly and the Aussie theme prevails, although there were no other Aussie's around that I could hear. I believe the owner has another pub in Edinburgh, this time with a Kiwi theme.


No comments: