Thursday, May 24, 2012

Hungry anyone?

It's interesting, Aguascalientes, the street I  live in lies between two rather distinct zones. One block to the north and you enter the trendy restaurant and cafe zone, with everything from healthy juice bars to cupcakes and bistros. Whereas one block to the south and you find dozens of these street stalls selling all kinds of Mexican food cooked as you wait. The smells are incredible and there are always patrons there eating, some dressed in business suits and others in working clothes. The food is incredibly cheap and they

all seem to do a roaring trade. As a vegetarian, there is not a lot from these stalls I can eat( very heavily meat based and fried), although there are lots of fresh fruit stalls and lots of juices. On the bright side there are a number of great vegetarian eateries here and I have found a couple already, and have the addresses of more.

Tomorrow I head to one of the local street markets to stock up on veggies and fruit, it's great to be able to cook or in my case juice at home. So lots of photos I hope!

No comments: