Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mexico, here I come.

One more day here in Melbourne to finish off all the odd jobs then Saturday am. early I set off for a very long couple of days that blend into one before arriving in Distrito Federal or Mexico City for my next house sit adventure. This is a 6 week stint in an apartment in La Condessa, a rather trendy up and coming neighbourhood, but I am sure you will read all about it in the weeks to come. I have made my list of all the things I wish to do and have lots of things planned, even though I have been to DF before it was only for a few days, so lots to do and see.
As it's summer I have my summer gear all packed, quite a change from my usual winter packings and of course all the medical gear to cope with my Sjogren's, but at least the case will lighten while I am there. This getting older sucks sometimes.
The picture is of the VERY smoking Mt Popocatépetl, a mere  60 kms from DF, and which I have been watching closely. It has been very active for the last 6 weeks or so and causing a little concern, the alert level very high but no evacuations as yet, just lots of "exhalations" of rock, lave, steam and ash.

Wish me luck!

No comments: