Saturday, December 24, 2011

It Had to Happen

But did it have to be Christmas eve. As we were leaving Lynn and John's house, loaded with food to take to the street party, I did the elegant slide down the drive on my bum...... and managed to shatter a platter filled with cheese and wreck my camera. The only damage I did to me was a lovely bruise on the elbow and of course lots of damage to my pride, but the camera didn't like the slide at all. We will take it to a camera shop, but I don't hold much hope, the lens took a pretty good whack. Luckily I do have another camera with me, but the after Christmas sales are looking pretty good, by about $100 on Aussie prices.
The Christmas eve party was delightful and a great way to meet all the neighbours I hadn't met yet. They have all been friends for quite some time and the Christmas eve party has been a long standing tradition. A great evening

No comments: