Friday, December 16, 2011

Spirit of Celebration

I can't drink many wines these days, and really miss my reds, but even here I found one I could enjoy. Alcohol is sold here in the LCBO, the liquor control board or some such thing - in other words the grog shop. In some you can only buy the hard stuff, wines and spirits and the beer is bought at ... you guessed it - the Beer Shop. I think the names are very original. But here in Elora the two are combined, so you can buy the hard stuff and beer all in the one. So last week I wandered into this one, it's at the end of the street and the dogs and I walk past most days, and I found an Australian Sparkling Shiraz...whooeeee. I do like a sparkling red.
I must admit I haven't heard of the brand, The Black Chook,( I think we are the only ones that call them chooks), but I asked about it and the staff told me there was not much left, so I bought a box, and then had to bring them home in a taxi. it was an icy cold day. I thought with Christmas, New Year and my birthday all coming up I would have plenty of people to share them with. So the box is cooling it's heels in the garage, pretty cold down there, and the first one shared last night with Lynn(neighbours, who are really looking after me) over our Eggplant Parmigiana we cooked for the family last night, I can happily say it lives up to the Aussie standard very well. We are sure to enjoy some more in the hot tub on a very snowy night. I am looking forward to that!

No comments: