Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Niagara Falls

 "If you come to this region of Ontario, you have to get to the Falls" everyone kept telling me, and it was pretty high on my list. On my first visit to the Tourist Info Centre, where I spoke to Robyn, an Aussie and Sue an English woman, figure that one, I inquired about buses, or in fact, any transport to Niagara, they just looked at me and told me there wasn't even transport to Fergus or Guelph, although there sort of possibly is. (I have tried the web site but don't get very far on that one.) Anyway, the long and short of it is... forget public transport  to Niagara.
 Again thank goodness for wonderful friendly neighbours. Yesterday on a bright sunny day, Lynn and I set of bright and early for our 1 1/2 hour trip to Niagara, and it lived up to all my expectations, although one of those expectations wasn't to get absolutely soaking wet. It just so happened that yesterday the breeze was blowing back towards the viewing area, and once outside the doors, it was like standing fully clothed in a shower, or just standing in the rain.

 Within seconds everything was just soaked, including the camera. Lynn. as you would when you have seen it all before, instantly turned tail and ran back inside, I made a number of forays in and out, all the while trying to keep the camera and lens dry and to see through my glasses. But it was worth all the saoking, the falls are so very magestic and beautiful and all the ice trees along the edges looked beautiful.
   After a lovely lunch in the restaurant overlooking the Falls we braved it once more in "the rain" before heading off for a drive through town and a stop off at a Discount Mall for some bargains. I will have to show you my new Red Leather Jacket, it's GORGEOUS.


No comments: